World Strongman Cup's Vlad Redkin minced no words about Mariusz Pudzianowski's triumph this weekend: "Mariusz presented himself to the Russian audience at his best . . . ," and Mariusz at his best is about as good as it gets in strongman.
Elbrus Nigmatullin finished second to Mariusz Pudzianowski at the WSMC competition in Russia this past weekend and finished the year in third place, overall. IronMind® | Photo courtesy of Vlad Redkin.
The Polish strongman star was unstoppable and by the end of the day, he had won the contest and emerged as the series champion for 2006. Here are the final 2006 rankings for the top six:
1. Mariusz Pudzianowski (Poland), 50 points
2. Tarmo Mitt (Estonia), 48
3. Elbrus Nigmatullin (Russia), 40
4. Raivis Vidzis (Latvia), 36
5. Antanas Abrutis (Lithuania), 27
6. Stoyan Todorchev (Bulgaria), 26