“We organized 5th stage of Latvian Strongman Championship,” Vlad Redkin reported to IronMind®, as amateur strongman continues to grow internationally.
Left to right: Lauris Gabrans (second place), Roberts Kieperszo (first place), Oskars Laksa (third place) and and Guntars Kusinsh (president of LSAF, Latvian Federation for Amateur Strongman). IronMind® | Photo courtesy of Vlad Redkin.
Held in Riga’s ALFA park, there were six events:
1. Farmer's walk: 2 x 110 kg/30 meters
2. Viking press: 100 kg
3. Deadlift: reps (car)
4. Conan's wheel: 350 kg
5. Tire flip: 320 kg/8 flips
6. Truck pull: 75 tons/15 meters
Here are the top five, overall:
1. Roberts Kieperszo (Talsi) 62 points
2. Lauris Gabrans (Dobele) 41
3. Oskars Laksa (Talsi) 38
4. Arturs Zeltinsh (Nauksheni) 33.5
5. Sergejs Makarenko (Riga) 28.5