Ervin Katona won the Strongman Champions League (SCL) competition in Spain today, holding off Andrus Murumets for the title.
Here are the top five:
1. Ervin Katona (Serbia) 49 points
2. Andrus Murumets (Estonia) 46
3. Jimmy Laureys (Belgium) 37.5
4. Martin Wildauer (Austria) 32.5
5. Juan Carlos Heredia (Spain) 31.5
“It was nice to be in a bull arena,” SCL cofounder Marcel Mostert told IronMind®, commenting on the venue. “The surface was a kind of gravel, which was somewhat tricky to work on, but it will look good on TV. We had beautiful weather.
“I am happy that SCL-Spain went so well,” Mostert said, “and next week we will be in London, with World’s Strongest Man winner Zydrunas Savickas. On the 31st of October, we will be in Hungary, again with Zydrunas Savickas, so we have some top weeks coming up."