Bader Alawadhi told IronMind he will host “a big grip event in Dubai where everyone will have the chance to break IronMind records and few other records like David Horne two hand pinch.
“The contest will be on Friday March 8th 2019. Plan is around 6 hours for the events to be completed. Long list of events.
1. IronMind Rolling Thunder. IronMind rules. All IronMind rules will be recognized by IronMind.
2. Baseline Dyno Crush. No jerking allowed. Arms at 90 degrees and can straighten it out to 180 degrees but without jerking. Can twist the hands/arms so palm is facing the sky. Should start slowly then accelerate. But no jerk is allowed. Two attempts allowed. The best attempt is chosen. We chose this second because it is very fast and doesn't consume energy as much as the others.
3. IronMind Blockbuster Pinch Grip Block. IronMind rules
4. IronMind Little Big Horn. IronMind rules.
5. IronMind Hub. IronMind rules
Rest for 45 Minutes.
6. Two hand pinch euro hold. Horne rules.
7. Axle for maximum reps or Apollos Wheels Replica for reps. If the Apollo's wheel came on time then we use it. Deadlift for Maximum reps. Both type of grip is allowed; DO and mixed. One DO grip will be more than any reps using mixed grip. Conventional and Sumo stances both are allowed. If the Apollo's wheele didn't come on time then my Axle and only DO lift will be allowed and 3 attempts.
8. Pinch endurance, Blobs for reps 1.5 (90 seconds) minute to a stand. Starting weight is 50 LB blob (blob 50/half of 100) and 2.5 pounds less to 40. the next one down is the 32.5 blob. Again, one rep on blob 50 will be more than 10 reps on 47.5 blob. It is York blobs.
Only chalk is allowed here.
Prizes are: First prize AED 1500 + Medal (AED 1500 will be over USD $400) Second prize AED 1000 + Medal Third Prize AED 500 + Medal Next 7 people will get Medals. There will be prizes by IronMind, too. All locals and residents can compete and win. Invites will be sent starting tomorrow to people in the region. Guest lifter who are not a resident here CAN compete but will not be ranked in the region. Will get Medals as a guest lifter and overall winner (assuming he won). World records by guest can and of course be counted under the organization standards.
"Thanks to Strongman Marc Van Daer Haer, the competition will be held in Fly High Fitness in Dubai."